Sunday, March 29, 2009

Random Thoughts

I am currently without a kitchen sink. So we're washing dishes the pioneer way--or at least, how pioneers would have done dishes if they had running water and electricity. Maybe not so tough, after all.

My new kitchen is going to be awesome. I look at the cherry cabinets and they make me smile inside.

The powers-that-be will give us Official Word on Tuesday (supposedly) of whether or not Alan won the Olmsted. . . . .

Mirielle: Was Jesus married?
Me: Uh, what do you think?
Mirielle: I think he was married to Mary, the one that's not his mother.
Me: (thinking, "Where did that come from?") Why do you say that?
Mirielle: Because she was his friend.
. . . and then the conversation between my five-year old and I got even stranger. You can only imagine. I guess small people have a talent for metaphysics or something. It got to the point where I wouldn't have been surprised by the casual mention of Kant or Emerson or a desire to visit Walden Pond.

Other memorable quotes:
Analise: My mind is empty but my heart is full of love.
Briellen: (pushing up her nose) I look like a hippopotamus.

This week is science week again. I like science week--it's relaxing, interesting, and hands-0n. Remind me again why all of home school isn't this way? Oh that's right. There are just some things people have to learn to do that they don't like. Like writing legibly, darnit.

2 comments:

  1. I'm NEVER surprised at the conversations you have with your kids! They make me laugh but that's because I don't have to figure out how to answer the questions! They are nothing short of entertaining! Love it, love it...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know many people believe Jesus and Mary were married and had children, hence the book The Da Vinci Code. I love Mirielle. She's a smart little cookie.

    ReplyDelete

Followers