Sunday, February 22, 2009

Swimsuits

I am at the post-pregnancy point where I really, REALLY wish the extra weight would just go away by itself. It won't though, so I am looking longingly at exercise equipment, DVDs, and strangely, swimsuits. I bought a few DVDs--the ones for the kids came last week and have been a smashing success. There's nothing like a stick-like little girl attempting kick boxing (yes, pure awesomeness.) I haven't tried my DVDs yet, but I am certain that I too, will have a willowy, dancer's body, just like the females on the cover. Even if I have never had a willowy body in my entire life, hope springs eternal.

I actually wasn't thinking about swimsuits (not even close!) until I clicked on a link for some of the new spring collections during Fashion Week. And the swimsuit collection? It was just a bunch of bikinis that looked exactly alike--immodest, uncomfortable, and unrealistic. (Okay, if I were comfortable showing that much flesh, I'd just walk around nude. It's certainly cheaper.) So I started wondering what there was in the line of modest swimsuits this year, and I found a few at Lime Ricki Swimwear and Lands' End. I really liked a few at Lime Ricki--maybe I will be in actual swimsuit shape this summer. Or maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. Considering your baby is less than two months old, you look absolutely fabulous! My baby is 8 years old and I'm still trying to lose the baby weights. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Followers